This tutorial will walk you through the process of setting up Dynamic DNS on an EdgeRouter. In my network topology, the WAN is connected to `eth2`; change that to whatever interface you would like.
- Create an account with a supported service provider. If you do not want to use one of the below providers, I have written a different tutorial [[ddns-using-libcloud-edgerouter|here]]. As of now, they are:
- [[http://dnspark.com/|DNS Park]]
- [[http://www.dslreports.com/|DSL Reports]]
- [[http://web.easydns.com/|Easy DNS]]
- [[http://www.namecheap.com/|Name Cheap]]
- Set the service provider, login, and password. Modify the service from `dyndns` to your service provider, and the username/password to match your credentials.
edit service dns dynamic interface eth2 service dyndns
set login $USERNAME
set password $PASSWORD
- Set the hostname to update, modifying my domain for yours. You can also repeat this step for multiple host names.
set host-name dlasley.net
- Commit and save
Leave a Reply to nikola Cancel reply